- resource efficiency/industrial ecology (energy, water, waste and raw materials);
- supply chain management;
- external stakeholder engagement;
- vision commitment and planning;
- staff engagement; and
- carbon management.
The Resource Efficiency (RE) module offers an initial 20hrs of professional consulting advice to complete a preliminary meeting, site survey and to identify resource efficiency opportunities. Each RE action identified is awarded additional consultant time (up to 40 hours) to complete technical (engineering) assessments, undertake financial feasibility, conduct due diligence and provide implementation support.
The modules’ workflow is shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: OEH Resource efficiency module workflow (Source: OEH)
The interactive structure of the RE module encourages participation by multiple stakeholders and draws on the experience of a trained consultant and Government representatives. This mix of minds and experience results in the identification of highly innovative environmental improvements.
Other benefits of joining the Sustainability Advantage program include:
- Improving your understanding of the relevance and benefits of sustainability to your business;
- Accelerating your sustainability agenda with specialist consultant support, Government grant funding and resourcing;
- Developing strategies to save money and improve productivity;
- Accessing the latest sustainability advice from business and government specialists;
- Broadening your network – providing the ability to meet and share ideas with other organisations in your industry and region.
Membership to the Sustainability Advantage Program also provides access to a series of master classes, workshops and one-on-one support in areas such as green marketing, behaviour change for sustainability, and sustainable event management.
As an accredited Resource Efficiency module provider, Ndevr Environmental can arrange membership and get you started on completing the Resource Efficiency and Carbon Management modules. If you are interested in hearing more about the program, please contact Philip Link.